About the ISPA
The International Segway Polo Association or ISPA is currently being formed to unify Segway Polo under one organization that focuses on the development and expansion of this unique sport.
The ISPA will do the following:
1. Develop a set of rules that will work to make the sport fun and safe. We will create a Rules Committee formed from volunteers from the member teams to discuss and refine the rules as necessary.
2. Form a governing body that will work toward expanding the sport as well as facilitating and sanctioning matches and tournaments.
3. Work to promote Segway Polo worldwide.
Requirements to Join the ISPA
Membership in the International Segway Polo Association (ISPA) and use of the ISPA logo is subject to the following:
1) The ISPA Logo may not be used for commercial purposes or associated with a commercial entity. The exception to this is team sponsorship. ISPA member teams may have corporate sponsorship subject to any rules governing said sponsorship. The corporate sponsor(s) may use the ISPA logo under the restrictions set forth by the governing body.
2) The ISPA Logo may not be changed and must be used in an approved form. No component of the logo may be used seperately.
3) ISPA member teams must agree to follow the “Official Rules of Segway Polo” for all official matches and tournaments.
4) A member team must not be publicly associated with any form of Segway Polo that doesn’t conform to the “Official Rules of Segway Polo”. If a team would like to participate in a non-conforming publicly promoted match they must not use ISPA, the ISPA Logo or their team name registered with the ISPA.
5) No member team or player may represent the ISPA without the prior permission of the ISPA Governing Body.
6) All member teams will be strongly encouraged to provide one volunteer for the ISPA Rules Committee and/or the ISPA Governing Body.